Thursday, September 26, 2013

New and improved

It's new!  It's improved!  It's 3D!!

It's my all new handy-dandy little-giant new and improved 3D Animatic!  (Yes, I said new twice, it's that new.)  Well it isn't done yet, but I am working on it now.  The original animatic is a great starting point for me, but I need to have a starting point for 3D, plus I've been getting a lot of good feedback from people, so I have ideas on what I can do to improve the story and flow.

But what is an animatic you ask?  In short, it's a rough idea of what the film will look like... but not actually look like.  More like an idea of the flow, timing, camera direction, staging, and so forth, as opposed to the look and style.  Still don't get it?  It's really just behind-the-scenes stuff, so don't worry about it.  Just know that this is a vital step, and the sooner I finish it the better.

My goal is to complete the all new animatic by Tuesday, but only with blocked in shapes.  That means it will only have a few basic shapes and colors, and most of it will not look anything like what it is supposed to look like.  It is just enough to get an idea, so I can get started with modeling the actual 3D assets.

Speaking of which, I have to make a whole new list of assets as well, but that will be for the next stage.  I need to make sure I have all the props, sets, background elements, characters, and even effects accounted for so I know where to go next.  I will also work on style frames so I will actually know what it has to look like.  But that is another goal for another week.  This is all really early production work right now, converting the original concept into 3D and making adjustments as needed.  Important, but not that impressive looking.  Yet.

Well I have a lot of work to do in order to get this ready.  Back to the grind...

No comments: