Monday, January 13, 2014

Last Light, Winter 2014


Set in the 1950's along an American coast line, the sun sets, and the last ray of sunlight flies out.  While competing against his fellow rays of light as well as electric bulbs, the last ray  must look for a place to stay and light up for the night.  This 3D animated short will be using complex shading and lighting in a stylized world while featuring a simple piano soundtrack with environment sound effects.


Greetings everyone!
Thanks for taking a look at my blog for my film.  This is the beginning of a new year, and a new quarter.  The goals for this quarter are to complete the rigging, animation, and texturing, and to start on lighting and continue with the sound and the matte paintings in the background.  I also plan to complete several style sheets to really nail down the final aesthetic of the film.  I have a few new objects to place into the various scenes to help populate the environment, which should be done this week.  I've also brought on some more people to help with the film, including Eric who will help me later on with the particle effects.
Another change on my blog you will notice is that the animatic will now have a password attached to it.  I apologize to anyone who wanted to see this, but my goal in the next few months is to start making my rounds in various film festivals.  So keep an eye open.  I will post more as the project progresses.

No comments: